Monday, January 23, 2012

Q: I've known this guy going on 5 years...we dated here and there but he always seemed "emotionally unavailable" .......

 Anonymous Question.
Q: I've known this guy going on 5 years...we dated here and there but he always seemed "emotionally unavailable" so I would keep it moving. He continued to contact despite no answers and call backs. Now we are back on speaking terms and he wants to focus on frienship, no sex which is very good. However, he told me when I asked him about expectations that I can choose to date or not date other people. He calls everyday for brief conversations. I feel like this is very confusing and mixed messages. Am I on the right track with my thinking? Oh btw...invites me over very often (no sex or sexual moves or conversation about it). We cook and watch movies and its all good. But the date other people I want and we are just friends throws me off.

#WaysToTell.....A:
Sounds a bit weird for a straight up regular guy that is actually interested in you and desirous of a serious relationship with the potential for a future and marriage. Men who are ready don't play those types of games. Just because he has not said sex does not mean he is not thinking sex....we men have learned what it takes to keep you interested and what turns you off early.... If you are ready for a committed relationship, I would let this game player do another way and clearly communicate your intentions...or if you are interested in him you must Bluntly ask him if he wants to be married at some point, how soon, and such...

No comments:

Post a Comment